Sunday, January 21, 2007

Presidential Intrigue...

I must confess I'm intrigued. Rep. Ron Paul attempting the GOP nomination is more than moderately pleasing, though a bit of a long shot..and now NM Gov. Bill Richardson has thrown his hat into the ring on the Dem side of the equation.

I'm just starting to look into Richardson, but he appears to almost fit the profile of a Democratic candidate that I might be able to vote for...pro-gay, pro-gun, strong foreign policy experience, and a fairly solid congressional career. As a bonus, he appears to be attempting to to create a new paradigm in the Democratic Party...neither liberal nor "southern conservative", more focused on working solutions than on ideology or partisanship.

I like that. We could do worse, with either Obama or Clinton. I'm now declaring the perfect race for the country (as opposed to providing me the evil pleasure of a victorious Powell/Rice GOP candidacy), would be Ron Paul vs Bill Richardson...

3 comments:

Diamond Mair said...

Ye-eah, BUT! Richardson is also a {recently-acknowledged} professional Hispanic ..................... God forbid, but if he were to become president, watch the borders thrown WIDE OPEN .................... down here in occupied Texas, I can tell ya, it ain't fun! Richardson is one of the worst of the Hispandering politicians now in the running for the presidency ....................... I'm just waiting for the HildaBeast to "discover" her 'Hispanic roots' {like her "Jewish" antecedents?}

Diamond Mair said...

Gotcha over on my blog! ;-)

Diamond Mair said...

BTW, you've been tagged for a meme ................... ;-)