Monday, January 22, 2007

I've been meme'd!



Well, this is a first. And here I just belted out a post, too! :)

1) Back in the day, I was founding President of Cease Fear/Pink Pistols Seattle.

2) I spent a couple of years (at 6'2" and 200+) as the littlest bouncer at a college bar seating 300 w/ live music three nights a week up in Bellingham. Our big bouncer was 7'6" or so, and we specialized in the 6 bouncer greeting for the excessively frisky.

3) I'm an incorrigible reader (friends claim I'm just generally incorrigible) with a distinct weakness for science fiction/fantasy work. My personal library is a bear to move at 5000+ volumes, and L. Neil Smith, Robert Heinlein, Lois McMaster Bujold, David Weber, and Eric Flint are my favorite authors.

4) Were it not for the whole LGBT thing, I would've joined the military at 18 or so...as it seemed the good and honorable choice at the time...however the prospect of doing time at Leavenworth seemed undesirable.

5) I like revolvers and lever action rifles. My current "pride of place" handgun is a circa 1965 S&W M25 .45 LC that will shoot better than I can, and while it's unlikely I'll shoot it again, my "big rifle" is a Marlin .45-70 - that said, for practical carry, I like my Keltec .32 and my Firestar 9mm (though I'd like to upgrade to a .45 in the same form factor).

Haven't been blogging long enough to hit 5 others folks haven't already hit..will try and do better :)

3 comments:

The Mikester said...

What happened with Cease Fear? I recently founded a Phoenix chapter of the Pink Pistols so I'm curious about your experience.....

The Mikester said...

I'm trying to email but it won't let me, do you mind if I link to your blog from my site?

phoenixpinkpistols.org

Gay_Cynic said...

go right and and link :)

CeaseFear/PinkPistols in Seattle appears to continue to meander along...not entirely sure what would be required to get it to really take off...