Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cross-Post - S.1, Coercive Blog Registration

From Slashdot comes an article suggesting that S.1 before the U.S. Senate would coerce bloggers with political content to register as lobbyists, under penalty of prison time and sundry badness. Gack.

Might I suggest this would qualify as a *bad thing*?

Both as a fairly new blogger (and hey, if there's someone out there that wants to pay me nice money to hang their logo on my blog...money is good), and as a technician I can see some fairly serious problem with this - as a blogger, the definition of "political content" seems dangerously fuzzy, and as a technician I am darkly suspicious of just who would be tasked with reporting responsibility (one more thing to monitor the #$#@^$% network for...)...

Feh. A pox upon both the Dem and the GOP...something with blisters, itching, and digestive involvement to keep them busy and out of our hair.

No comments: