Sunday, January 28, 2007

drat

Blogroller is challenging me.

On the other hand, it's been a good day and I've been of service to the community in a small way (sponsoring a brunch) and helped a friend stay sane while moving...and I found some seriously cheap plant stands that'll double as a night stand for my bed (36" bed top to floor, 24" nightstand top to floor - doesn't work real well) - the plant stands are reasonably attractive (if small), and of the appropriate height. It's GOOD to have a place to put the glasses at night that doesn't involve stumbling across the room in the dark, interspersed with occasional curses.

While I was out and about with my friend moving him from the shadow of the Evil Software Empire to the Big City, we popped in for Thai food to stave off collapse...and discovered his fave place was one of a chain owned by an ex of mine's family.

We broke up a little over 11 years ago, and I am pleased to get word he is still doing well, though not in any detail. All things considered, I may make the effort to get back in touch and see what is new in his world.

Next a run to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to help my friend, a self-described "Spoiled Bitch", select new kitchen and cooking ware and sundry other little necessities - something about wanting at least one dish in the house that isn't chipped or cracked. He has many skills and talents, but fine motor control eludes him from time to time...and he's decided to be a grown up and start exploring this strange new concept, cooking, in lieu of restaurants - thus the shopping expedition.

Finally, back to the Big City and eventually home...it's an adventure, helping a brilliant geek transform his living space from heated storage & study unit to a functional home. :)

No comments: