Monday, September 7, 2009

U of Idaho Editorialist "I find hunting for recreation to be one of the dumbest pastimes on the face of the planet."

"If I am being completely honest, sometimes I cannot believe how asinine certain groups who reside in the Inland Northwest are. The latest bout of insanity comes from so-called “sportsmen” who insist Idaho needs to allow for the hunting of wolves.

If I continue being honest for one more moment, I find hunting for recreation to be one of the dumbest pastimes on the face of the planet. Hunting is also, without a shadow of a doubt, not a sport, but that is an argument for another occasion."


Read it. Respond to it. Try to keep it civil - this person may be educable.

Purely technical issues that irritate me.

1) Bad layout. Consistent paragraph delineation is good.

2) Repetitive sentence structure. We've all been guilty of it, but starting out two or more sentences/paragraphs in a row w/ the same opening phrase is just poor writing deserving of more or less gentle comment.

3) Out and out bigotry worthy of scathing comment.

4) WTF is this doing in the "Sports" section when it's rather blatantly an opinion piece?

No comments: