Sunday, July 20, 2008

Logic, Self-Defense, Guns, Links


SayUncle, over on his blog, proposes a bit of google-fu and trading linky-love to boost rankings on topics such as CCW. I propose to go one better, and actually knock out an article with multiple relevant links.

I've carried, where lawful, for over twenty years now. Where, for one reason or another, I could not lawfully carry - I kept about my person those tools that I lawfully might to either deter or decide in my favor some of the more unfortunate brands of serious social discussions.

The world is notably unfair, and given the disparity in ability to fend off two and four-legged predators of varying degrees of sentience imposed by size/age/gender/health - logic hinted that force equalizers were likely a fine thing, when things fell apart.

On turning 21, I picked up a .45 and a concealed pistol license - and have maintained the license whenever it's been readily available ever since.

I've recently covered the notion of "why" in some detail in other entries, but hopefully this is a happy healthy link-filled contribution to the discussion.

Btw, the cartoon link is shamelessly borrowed from Anarchangel, and is included because it's too good NOT to be shared...

No comments: