Saturday, July 19, 2008

All news cannot be good...

For verily, in but a brief time, two of the best and brightest in the blogosphere (at least that I've encountered) have gone AWOL, on blog hiatus...

As always, Marko, he of the brilliant pen and incisive analysis, leaves behind a well-reasoned and logical explanation for his hiatus (however much I'll miss his daily contributions to the land of reason and sanity, I can't disagree with him, darn it) and the hope of an eventual return. I'll miss his daily dose of rational thought - even on those occasions I may not completely agree, I've often had to rethink my views in light of the arguments he proposes; and all too often, I've been forced to resort to the fundamentally irrational "because!" argument as I rethink my views...which I'm not prepared to make in a public venue in all but a tiny number of cases - a guy has to have SOME pride - better silence, than that level of foolishness.

At the same time, we have FreeNewHampshire going off the air for an undetermined period, from whence I gathered greatly enjoyable bits of snark, intelligence on the state of affairs in that beknighted state known as Massachusetts (and a bit of schadenfreude regarding the entirety of that state, not unlike watching Mayor Daley of Chicago - no matter how bad Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels may be, it could be worse...), and wee tidbits of hope regarding the Free State experiment in New Hampshire. I'll miss that, as well.

Here's hoping that both of these talented folks make a rapid return to the bloggish world and shower us with their special brands of logic, insight, snark, and wit.

No comments: