Saturday, March 8, 2008

Strange Horror


The Chinese are doing WHAT?


I like cats. I happen to think the 27lb monster in the house is rather charming, if amazingly...productive.

Perhaps I'm over-reacting. Perhaps I'm just unreasonably cranky.

But a regime that first takes up the mass extermination (not of strays or ferals, but largely of pets) of dogs, and now of cats, as a hobby simply offends me.

Particularly when these aren't abandoned animals, but beloved pets against whom, at least according to the article, a propaganda war is being waged claiming they are disease carrying hazards to human health, who frightened owners are then turning over to authorities for destruction - when panicked ninnies are doing them in themselves.

This, to me, just makes me question yet again whether China under it's current pseudo-communist regime is a fit host for the Olympics...

Again, it could just be that I'm a wee tad cranky from other events in my odd little world. Read the article yourself and see.

And yes, I recognize that the nutjobs of Beijing have done much worse, and to people not pets, over the years and continue their nasty ways only somewhat abated today. But that is a rant for another day.

No comments: