Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fun, fun...

I hadn't been aware of the sheer number of Nickels gaffe's until I began listing them...

Since last Saturday afternoon, been busy. Fun began with, as I left restaurant w/ Mom...her back went into spasm...followed by repeated denials of a need for medical assistance...about the time the moaning and thrashing began, called little brother and clued him in, and called 911.

Good encounter w/ 911, Seattle Fire responded out fairly quickly and were fairly innovative in extracting an 80yo from a house w/ two houses worth of furniture in it, and ALS transported over to Swedish. Must've hit the timing just right as we didn't get to enjoy the 4hr triage, Mom getting seen right away on a Saturday night - almost unnatural, that.

They kept her overnight, thwapping her with an assortment of high-test painkillers and muscle relaxants, before setting her loose on Sunday. Meanwhile, I get back to the house to discover a dead dishwasher Saturday night, and have been playing with that issue even as I'm taking care of Mom and shuttling her about to various medical adventures as they try and figure out how to improve her back situation. I'm guessing the dishwasher situation (including the midnight "rain in the basement" adventure) will be resolved tomorrow.

In other news, I've been working on the finishing touches on the Monster Cats' scratching post (4' tall, made from 2x12's, and rather...sturdy), bringing it up for a kitty test drive this evening. If no major modifications are required, I'll go ahead and carpet the base and call it done.

That's what's kept me busy this week...and I start a new gig tomorrow morning....temp, but good pay...onward and upward :)

No comments: