Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bitch'n'Moan

I don't like to do this too terribly often, but now and again, getting it all off ones chest can be healthy.

In the last three years I've watched a business I care about tank, worked for another that was sold (and then tanked), done the MRSA dance from hades with surgical intervention, come up diabetic, had other medical adventure, moved back with family, lost my father, organized a funeral, am assisting my mom through the post-event paperwork and dispositions, sold a mobile home (and a car, and sundry other goodies) at a loss, am working on paying off the IRS, and lost a job. And I'm three weeks into the cold from hell.

I'm a wee bit tired, and that's really what I needed to share.

I'm finding that I am avoiding even needful confrontation, am short-tempered, and am easily and frequently depressed. I'm physically tired well beyond what I can objectively justify, and find my sleeping patterns disrupted.

In short, I'm not a happy camper, and am heartily ready for the end of the biowaste buffet.

Grr.

That said, I at least retain the gumption to try and maintain an largely cheerful demeanor and "fake it till I make it."

Where do I sign up for a desk job in Iraq? :)

My head hurts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

Ray