Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And so it goes...

Woke up last Weds with what felt like a bug bite or a hive slightly off-center on my back, and was quite bothersome as I dealt with that as my workplace presented high adventure. A rash spread out to about 2" or so, but I thought nothing of it...

Woohoo.

Sunday, I woke and about mid-day discovered my left eye was "blinking funny" and not closing properly. After much suggesting I was over-reacting, I nonetheless called the insurance nurse line where an RN walked me through and suggested that Bell's Palsy and shingles were possible, and that I should call the on-call doctor. I did, and he basically said don't panic, see someone in the morning.

I made an appointment for 10:45 the next morning. But as I was in the office, a co-worker pointed out my left face was drooping...as if I'd visited the dentist. I'd noticed some tingling, but since I had an appointment anyway...but given my Dad's recent adventures, was seriously distressed about potential stroke issues...

Got going, went to Dr. early, he saw me, and sure enough - Bell's Palsy with shingles (thankfully mild, thus far) for salsa. Also had a little lecture for me about appropriate use of the ER...

Summarized as "if bilateral symmetry goes wrong, get your ass to the phone, call 911 or make someone do so, and don't muck about - and don't try and drive yourself - and don't listen to anyone that tells ya otherwise!"

Heh. I suppose I do take the butch thing a little far...hopefully the Bell's will resolve favorably.

No comments: