Saturday, August 31, 2013

Rye Muffins I

Flavor: Good stuff, but don't expect a strong rye flavor. A pleasantly moist muffin with good texture and mild flavor, almost a hint of sourdough to it.

Difficulty: Follow the directions. Yet again, easy and reasonably fast.

How close did I stick to the original?: I didn't melt the butter (it was room temperature soft) and this  was a mistake - blending would have been much easier if I'd taken the moment to melt the butter. Again, the KitchenAid mixer came into play and now I am beginning to wonder about the joys of a power sifter if I keep this up. The sifter caught a fair amount of partially milled grain that otherwise might well have added an undesirable amount of crunch to the muffin. Mild re-wording of the recipe for modern/beginning cooks.

Rye Muffins I


1 cup rye flour 1 tsp salt
1 cup white lour 1 cup Milk
1/4 cup sugar 1 Egg
3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1 tbsp melted butter

Mix and sift dry ingredients; add milk gradually and egg well beaten, and melted butter; bake in hot (375F) oven in buttered gem pans for 25 minutes.

No comments: