Friday, September 17, 2010

A paen to a decent auto shop....

It's not often I get to shower praise upon a worthy target. But here goes...

If you still have a gas-burner, Budd & Co is the place in Seattle - professional, kind, and courteous to a fault. Friday night on the way home my transmission dies. Monday I drop off the car, and for a replacement transmission+clutch+flywheel including labor I was given an estimate of $1770+/-.

This morning I called to check on the rig, and they shamefacedly told me that the previous mechanic (another shop) had failed to bolt things back together properly after a clutch replacement and that while the clutch+flywheel was needed, the already-installed new transmission *wasn't* and I wouldn't be charged for it, as they should have spotted that before opening things up.

Out the door at $1,067.84. I have *no* complaints about Budd & Co and have used them on other vehicles - getting consistently better prices and service than I am accustomed to. Budd for the win!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good to hear that there are still some ethical companies around.

Zdogk9 said...

I'll send a link to this to friends in your area.