Sunday, September 14, 2008

NW Blog Brunch

Joe over at View From N Central Idaho and American Mercenary both beat me to the punch as far as reporting on the brunch (Joe has pics). Many subjects were touched on, ranging from the idiocy of Nickels and his crowd, on to the joys of Crimson Trace and Para-Ordnance, military service (among those who've served), and a wide range of other notions.

A good crowd, and we'll likely do it again in a few weeks.

Now, on to what wasn't covered by my more alert fellow bloggers - the food. When I try out a new place for breakfast, no matter how well recommended, I stick with a ham'n'cheese omelette and biscuits if they have them - if only because there's a sharp upper limit as to how badly either biscuits or a ham'n'cheese omelette can be screwed up before it's visually obvious, and this is usually well short of food poisoning.

I'm pleased that the food at Eggs Cetera's Blue Star Cafe out on Stone Way was generally well received, and I thought my omelette and biscuits were pretty good, though I wasn't really all that impressed with the potatoes.

Good food, good companions, and a pleasant morning.

How's Sun evening Oct 26 sound to everyone? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That should work for me.