Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bar Etiquette, Pt. II

Apparently I'm giving off some kind of drama pheromone, when I'd much rather be luring in other sorts of entertainment...

Best Buddy & I go out again last night (sadly, sabotaging a date planned for later in the evening) and Best Buddy proceeds to get a wee bit tossed whilst I sip my O'Doul's Amber and we wander through three bars (Elite, Pony, and Madison Pub) before hitting our final bar of the night, The Cuff.

There we were, out on the Cuff patio, all huddled under the canvas awnings with the roaring propane patio heaters and scads of guys of highly variable hotness, when Best Buddy discovers that - tragedy of tragedies - his double gin tonic has run dry.

Turning swiftly to remedy this traumatic event, he stumbled across a nelly twenty-something twink of overwhelming attitude and apologized with his usual charm and wit...at 5'8" and 130lbs (it is worth noting that I am not a petite and delicate flower, and Best Buddy is most accurately described as the prettier and physically fit version...both of us standing about 6'2") soaking wet, Miss Thing decides to take offense...to the point that while Best Buddy was lurching off towards the bar, Thing's boyfriend is holding him back chanting "let it go, let it go"...

I think it's a hint that I need to go spend some range time when I'm mumbling under my breath "no, please, don't" whilst contemplating the most entertaining take-downs to employ AFTER bad-twink has commenced felonious assault upon buddy (which kind of takes off the "losing brownie points with SPD" restraints about such things)...

Not only is it getting odd out there, but I think I may be getting a bit cranky....

No comments: